How to take a bath during pregnancy?
Is it possible to take a bath during pregnancy – this question becomes especially important for those expectant mothers who are used to basking in the bathroom before pregnancy.
With the onset of pregnancy, you want to protect yourself as much as possible from harmful effects, but on the other hand, you want to keep your usual way of life.
If you take a bath during pregnancy correctly, then the benefits of the bath will be 100 times greater than various speculations and horror stories that have no scientific basis.
Most often, you can hear that while taking a bath, you can get an infection, because the water will penetrate to the baby. This is completely wrong – nature took care of the baby and protected him with all possible methods – this is the mucous plug that closes the cervix, and, of course, the amniotic membranes, which reliably protect the fetus.
How to take a bath correctly during pregnancy?
- Place a non-slip mat on the bottom of the tub and a special pillow under the headboard. All these things are sold in stores, and it will not be difficult to find them. At the same time, you will find yourself in the bathroom as comfortable as possible.
- The water temperature should not be higher than 37 degrees, and the reception time is limited to 15-20 minutes. You need to get used to it gradually. Do not flop into the bathtub right away – it is better to submerge very slowly and gradually into the water, giving the body time to adapt to the temperature.
- Place a ladle of cold water next to the bathtub. Wash your face and neck area periodically with cool water. This will allow you to make your stay in the bathroom as comfortable as possible.
- Drink water while taking a bath. Cool water or rosehip decoction during pregnancy is best.
- It is better to dive and get out of the bath with someone else’s help. When leaving the bath, do not get up right away. First, drain the water, and then sit for a few minutes – only then get up and leave the bathroom.
- After taking a bath, be sure to rest. Do not get down to household chores right away.
It is possible and necessary to take a bath during pregnancy. However, the main thing is to take a very responsible approach to the correct organization of this procedure.